About Happiness and Things
Happiness and Things is a travel blog for smart travellers. Travellers who are keen to make the most of their limited time off. Travellers who like to make it count. This blog aims at offering travellers of all ages inspiration and tips before they set off to visit new places.
My inquisitive mind likes to explore the little things in life, the unexpected, the underrated, the gems. It’s all about experiencing a destination with all our heart and soul. To take home memories that will last us forever.
I am not a backpacker. I am married. I am over 30. I have two children. Digital nomading and eternal travel isn’t possible for me. But that doesn’t mean that I cannot travel. You can have great experiences even when you are not on the road all the time. It is just a matter of careful planning, opening your mind and having fun! On Happiness and Things I show my readers how to achieve that.
I love to write inspirational and informative stories about the places I have visited –
Australia (Sydney, Country NSW, Queensland, Outback NT, Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, Fiji, Samoa, New Caledonia, Indonesia, Germany, Paris, Italy, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Greece, Malta, England, Scotland, New Zealand’s North Island.
Cooperations and Partnerships
In the past I have worked with the Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia, Great Ocean Road Tourism, Visit Greece, Starfish Blue in Fiji, various Sydney restaurants and cafés, Carnival Cruise Lines, Around About travel app, Barilla Australia, Manly Tourist Cards, The Rocks Sydney, Lake Macquarie Tourism, Newcastle Tourism, Destination NSW, Webjet and lots more.
I believe in inspiring my readers through personal story telling and sharing personal experiences that they can relate to while at the same time aligning these with the key messages of the selected destinations.
My readers are predominantly female, between 25 and 45 and live in Australia, the US, the UK, Malaysia, and Singapore. They have a sizeable income, may or may not have children (which doesn’t stop them from exploring the world), and come from an educated background. Happiness and Things’s followers want to look deeper into an attraction or a destination, they want to experience with all their senses and make smart decisions about how they want to spend their precious time and their money.
- Criniti’s Italian restaurant blog: Expect true Italian flavours at Criniti’s (April 2014)
- Criniti’s Italian restaurant blog: Pizza Making Classes (June 2014)
- Elite Travel Blog: 5 Amazing Things to do on the Isle of Pines (April 2015)
- Adventures all around: A visit to New Caledonia’s little Church, Notre Dame de Lourdes (April 2015)
- HotelClub Blog: Where to stay in Sydney (July 2015)
- Teatime in Wonderland: Happiness and Things on falling in love with London (November 2015)
- Teatime in Wonderland: Sydney for Kids (November 2015)
- Interview: Beautiful Sydney, traveling with kids, and more with @hapnthings (January 2016)
- Official Blog of Visit Greece: 8 perfect reasons to visit Corfu (January 2016)
- 1 of 10 selected entries in a post about dream beach photography in major German online magazine Der Spiegel (January 2016)
- Webjet: Bloggers share their favourite cruise destinations (February 2016)
- Official Blog of Visit Greece: A Byzantine Monastery (March 2016)
- Instagram photo contribution to 10 Top European Destinations in Instagram Pictures (March 2016)
- Webjet: Bloggers share their essential travel items (May 2016)
- Cruise1st: Exploring 4 of the Mediterranean’s Cultural Highlights (June 2016)
- Roaming the Americas: 8 Language Mishaps from Travelers around the World (September 2016)
- Webjet: Bloggers share their favourite springtime escapes (October 2016)
- 50 Shades of Age: Aussie Travel Bloggers Top Travel Spots in Australia (October 2016)
- CruiseAway.com.au Blog: Top things to do in Sydney – by Sydney’s top bloggers (November 2016)
- Interview Besser Reisen (German language): Sydney – das andere Ende der Welt (November 2016)
- Huffington Post: Advice for Travel Bloggers, Direct from the Experts (November 2016)
- SBS Radio Interview (German language): Switch On: Travel Blogs (November 2016)
- Thrifty Car & Truck Rental Blog – Interview: Travelling Every Spare Minute (November 2016)
- Frugal First Class Travel Blog: How to be a good travel companion (January 2017)
- Named one of the top up and coming Sydney blogs by HotelClub in 2015 (HotelClub is now “Hotels.com” as of 15 Feb 2016)
- Named one of 24 travel blogs to follow in 2016 by Queensland Tourism
Work with me!
I am open to introducing selected brands to my readers, however the chosen brands need to align with Happiness and Things’ key message of maximising travel experiences for the smart traveller.
Paid press trips, famils, tours and invitations to hotels, tours, destinations, attractions, etc. help me collect material and learn about exciting destinations and tourism products.
Email me now for stats and a media card at email@example.com